Silly stories etc. All copyright Holly J. Lowe

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Cat Flap

"Coping with a cat, when you live in a flat
can be hard" said Faye who had been trying to stay out of Evan and Daniel's big argument.
Dan gave a snort "Well you can't talk! You live in a 9th floor apartment!"
"Dogs are different, they're patient, obedient! Dealing with dogs is much easier!"
Evan came in
"Oh don't you begin, going on and on about dogs again!
We want a cat. A cat, and that's that! Tis only the colour we cannot agree on!"

Faye started to pout as she sat drinking her stout in the pub that they always came into. She was only saying, that's all - just saying! Well, really! She was growing quite tired of those two:

"I saw a white one, a cat I mean, in the snow one winter some years ago. It had bright green eyes which came as some surprise as his eyes were all I could see of him!"

"Well I saw this black, giant big cat round the back of the garden last October. It was Halloween and I'd just been to a party and was in no way sober. This cat just seemed to shine and gleam with his glossy black coat he was purring and ever since that, I've wanted a cat as black as the sky when midnight's occurring."

Stirring her foot on the floor, Faye became sure that in both of their points lay the answer.
"I've got it! I know it! Now listen, okay? You two listen to what I'm going to say: the colour of the cat that's not white nor black is very simply GREY!"

1 comment: